Tuesday, March 19, 2013

38-Parenting-14 Become curious Parents

My elder son "Aaswad Anil Satpute " now studying Computer Engineering in Mumbai. I would like to share one of the stories of his childhood with you.

When he was in Sr. KG, He asked his one interesting question to his Mom.  The question was " What is the number between 2 and 3? "

His Mom was surprised!. She was well aware that in Sr. K KG studies, only the integers have been introduced No concept of decimals or fractions are taught.

Out the curiosity, She asked him, " Aaswad, why did you think about the number between 2 and 3. ?" 

On this question, he had given some explanation. He simply told something like this:

" Mom, see, we know that the double of 2 is 4 and the double of 3 is 6. there should be some number between 2 & 3 whose double is 5 as 5 is between 4 and 6."

After listening to his explanation my wife was surprised. She suddenly explained to him so many new concepts about numbers which were useful for his thinking about numbers.

He was very much curious about any type of machine, about the numbers and also about the computer. (Now also he is curious to learn so many new concepts)

In the 4th Grade, he found out so many new concepts about Mathematical Tables.

This story, I shared with you only to think about " How your child may think about all his/her surroundings". Better you give him/her a chance and allow him/her to think and express their views.

I surely say that everyone is equally brilliant. The only thing is that we need to give them some chance to grow & freely fly in the sky think more freely.

Note: I am a very simple and ordinary person. So again and again I say that we all together will build the entire world with high-level thinking. I will be very happy to listen from Students or Parents to improve my BLOG as well as My eBook "Miraculous World of Numbers"

So come forward to help me in such a way that we all together will improve our beautiful world with powerful thinking levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment